This Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy (“Policy”) applies to the website [Website URL] (the “Website”) operated by Fans of Car SOS (“We,” “Us,” or “Our”). This Policy outlines our procedures regarding copyright infringement notifications and how we respond to such notifications.
Reporting Copyright Infringement
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect our users to do the same. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible via our Website, please notify us by sending a written notification (email or physical mail) to our designated Copyright Agent (contact details provided below).
To be effective, your notification must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Your contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
If you believe that material you posted on the Website was removed or access to it was disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification, you may file a counter-notification with our Copyright Agent. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication (email or physical mail) provided to the Copyright Agent (contact details provided below) and must include the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in the jurisdiction where your address is located (or if you reside outside the United States, that you consent to jurisdiction of any judicial district in which the service provider may be found), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original notification or an agent of such person.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may be liable for damages under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
Copyright Agent Contact Information
Our designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications and counter-notifications of claimed infringement can be contacted at:
Copyright Agent Name: Fans Of Cars
Copyright Agent Email: email@example.com
In accordance with the DMCA and applicable laws, we may, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of users who are determined to be repeat infringers.
We reserve the right to modify or update this Policy at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be effective immediately upon posting the revised Policy on the Website.
Note: This Policy is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have any specific legal concerns, we encourage you to seek professional legal counsel.
By using our Website, you agree to comply with and be bound by this DMCA Policy.
End of DMCA Policy
Note: It is important to consult with a legal professional to ensure compliance with the DMCA and other applicable laws and regulations. The above policy is a general template and should be customized to suit the specific requirements and circumstances of your website or organization.